Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dec. 10

The Burk's Falls Christmas parade was held last Saturday and we entered a float. We didn't win a prize this year but we did our best to show the real meaning of the season.
We would like to thank those who made the float possible; those who travelled a long way to participate, who came despite ill health and the neighbour who lent his truck and time to pull the float.

The board has decided that as Boxing Day is on a Sunday and most of the members will be away to not hold a service on the 26th.

DEVOTIONAL

There are mornings after watching the news that I feel as though everything is out of control. Despite all man's best efforts and billions of dollars, there are still famines, disease, poverty and war. Of course, as a Christian, I know that the Bible says that our world will always be plagued with these things until the Lord sets up His new kingdom. However, that knowledge doesn't bring comfort. I gain my security from knowing that God is in control. He never changes.

He alone is my rock and salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Ps 62: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment